A typical yoga class would start with liberating the energy we bring with us into the room. By moving, jumping and shaking our bodies we are able to release the tensions and pent up energy from the day. This allows our bodies to relax and let go, allowing us focus inwards.
Digging into the vast toolbox, any combination of following yoga styles are used during a typical class.
- PowerYoga- a general term used to describe a vigorous, fitness-based approach to yoga with an emphasis on strength and flexibility.
- Vinyasa-flow Yoga- where breath is linked to movement. Because we link breathing and movement, it can become a meditative experience.
- AshtangaYoga together with IyengarYoga are 2 of the most traditional-based yoga styles. AsthangaYoga focuses more on breathing while moving. While Iyengar puts more emphasis on aligning your posture. Both are equally important.
- YinYoga- opens up the body and mind, like no other yoga style can, because we stay for 4 to 5 min in one pose.
We always end in Shavasana or corps pose, to let the body integrate the openings created during the session and to let the mind experience the sensations of extacy. Context decides if meditation is appropriate at the end of class.
The three main goals for all my classes are:
- creating stronger muscles and opening up the body
- becoming more aware of our sensations
- becoming more aware of our thoughts
We will dive deeper into the other limbs of yoga during my workshops/weekends/retreats.
All my classes are given in english, french and dutch.
Weekly class schedule starting 4th of september 2017:
- Mondays 9h-10h30 Longueville: Thébaïde (mix)
- Tuesdays 20h-22h LifeStyle Overijse
- Wednesdays 9h-10h30 Hamme Mille: ML Condorcet (beginners)
- Wednesdays 19h-20h30 Longueville: Thébaïde (advanced)
- Thursdays 10h-11h30 Longueville: Thébaïde (mix)
- Fridays 20h-21h30 Hamme Mille: ML Condorcet (mix)
- Saturdays 11h-12h15 Brussel: Radiant Light
There are no classes during school holidays.
Interested in attending any of the above classes or having your own?
If you would like to benefit from a complimentary yoga class please feel free to contact me to agree a convenient place and time. Equally if you would like to create or join a group session please get in touch